Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference: IHC seeks Nawaz's detailed medical report till Tuesday
The doctors informed the bench that a five-day cycle of treatment of Nawaz Sharif would be concluded on coming Monday, after this, a detailed medical report could be prepared.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Aamer Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhter Kiyani, conducted the hearing on a petition filed by PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif, seeking suspension of imprisonment sentence of Nawaz Sharif.
Nawaz Sharif also moved a petition to become a party in this case following the directives of the bench.
During the course of proceeding, Medical Superintendent (MS) Services Hospital Lahore Dr Saleem told the court that the health condition of the former prime minister was critical. A similar medical report of the accused had also been submitted to Lahore High Court (LHC), he said, adding that platelets of Nawaz Sharif had been deteriorating.
He said that the doctors so far couldn’t find out why platelets of Nawaz Sharif was reducing. The personal doctor of former prime minister Dr Adnan was also aware of his health situation.
Justice Kiyani said that whether there was a risk factor existed to the life of Nawaz Sharif. Was this a fatal disease, he asked to which the doctors said that it could be dangerous if Nawaz didn’t go through proper treatment.
Petitioner's lawyer Khawaja Harris said that Nawaz was suffering from multiple diseases and currently in critical condition. He said that they wanted the treatment of former prime minister from the doctors and hospital of their consent whether in Pakistan or abroad.
He said that Nawaz had a medical history, adding that stents had also been installed in his heart due to cardiac problem.
Justice Farooq said that the accused had been suffering from kidney and heart diseases as well. Were doctors also treating these diseases, he asked, to this Dr Saleem said that all relevant doctors were available in a hospital.
The MS said that the former prime minister was required to stay in hospital and couldn’t be allowed for travel this time.
Justice Kiyani said that it was necessary for the patient to be satisfied with his treatment. National Accountability Bureau (NAB) prosecutor Sardar Muzaffar Abbasi pleaded that an identical petition had also been moved to LHC to this Justice Farooq remarked that doctors were relevant judges in this matter, adding that doctors were not blamed for poor treatment so far.
Later, the bench adjourned the hearing of the case till Tuesday and sought a detailed medical report of Nawaz Sharif.
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020