#FitnessFirst: Top 6 health benefits of olives
Olives fight Cancer: Olives and olive oil are commonly consumed in the Mediterranean region, where the incidence of cancer and other chronic diseases is lower than in other European or American countries. It is possible that eating olives may help reduce the risk of cancer.
This may be partly due to their high content of antioxidants and oleic acid. In test-tube experiments, these have been shown to be able to disrupt the life cycle of cancer cells in the breast, colon, and stomach.
Improves Bone Health: Osteoporosis is characterized by decreased bone mass and bone quality. It can increase the risk of fractures. The rates of osteoporosis are lower in Mediterranean countries than in other European countries, which has caused scientists to speculate that olives might be protective.
Some of the plant compounds found in olives and olive oil have been shown to help prevent bone loss in animal studies.
Boost Heart Health: The oxidative stress we are talking about can harm your heart too. Excess of that stress oxidizes cholesterol, causing heart attacks. But thanks to the antioxidants in olives, this can stop. Olives contain fat as well, but this is the good kind of fat.
Antioxidant Properties of Olives: Dietary antioxidants have been shown to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Olives are rich in antioxidants, which help in fighting inflammation to reducing the growth of unwanted microorganisms. Olives may also fight against the bacteria responsible for infections in the airway and stomach.
Fight Inflammation: The monounsaturated fats in olives, along with the vitamin E and polyphenols, help fight inflammation and the associated ailments. and this fruit also helps in preventing blood clots that could lead to a myocardial infarction or deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief06:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Hira Mani set to launch her YouTube channel with a 'big surprise'06:32 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022