First-ever conference on Kashmir in French Parliament stresses resolution of world's oldest conflict
ISLAMABAD – For the first time, the issue of Kashmir was highlighted in the French Parliament at a symposium organized by Jean Bernard Sempastous, the President of Pakistan France Friendship Group, which was attended by French parliamentarians, scholars and human rights activists.
Speaking at a conference titled 'Kashmir - the oldest conflict of the world' held in Paris on Tuesday, Jean Bernard Sempastous said the 70-year-old Kashmir dispute needed to be resolved at the earliest.
He said the Friendship Group decided to organize this event to raise information about the long-standing issue of Kashmir, says a message received Wednesday from Paris.
He said after a new historical turning point since August, reflection on this oldest conflict of the world deserved full attention.
He also stressed the need for restoration of fundamental freedom of the people of Kashmir.
— JB Sempastous (@Sempastoushp) September 24, 2019
The four panelists, representing French think-tanks, educational institutions and human rights organizations, shed light on the Kashmir dispute from the historical perspective, current developments and future prospects.
He highlighted the plight of the people of Jammu and Kashmir, who for the last seven weeks were facing an unprecedented lockdown and curbs on their fundamental freedom.
The ambassador also conveyed the message of President of Azad Kashmir Sardar Masood Khan in which he requested the French parliament to hold anopen debate on the humanitarian emergency in Jammu and Kashmir, lobby with relevant UN and international and play role as permanent member of the Security Council for peaceful settlement of the Kashmir dispute as per UN Security Council Resolutions.
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways changes routes of some Karachi-bound trains07:37 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Rasta App & Online Time Scheduling System for Driving License ...07:34 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020