Tom Hanks to receive lifetime award at Golden Globes
LOS ANGELES - Hollywood acclaimed star, Tom Hanks, is to add another honour to his name with a lifetime achievement award from the organizers of the Golden Globe awards.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) revealed that they will be presenting the prolific actor and producer with its Cecil B. DeMille award at the Golden Globes ceremony in Beverly Hills on Jan. 5.
The boyish-looking Hanks, now 63, made his movie breakthrough in “Big” in 1988, playing a teenager who wakes up to find himself in the body of an adult. He went on to win back-to-back Oscars and Golden Globes in 1994 and 1995 for his roles in AIDS drama “Philadelphia” and comedy “Forrest Gump.”
“For more than three decades, he’s captivated audiences with rich and playful characters that we’ve grown to love and admire,” HFPA president Lorenzo Soria said in a statement.
“As compelling as he is on the silver screen, he’s equally so behind the camera as a writer, producer and director.”
Hanks’ next movie appearance will be in November as the much loved U.S. children’s television host Mister Rogers, in “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.”
He also starred in more than 80 other movies, including “Sleepless in Seattle,” and “Private Ryan” and was the voice of cowboy Woody in the “Toy Story” animated movie franchise.
The Cecil B. DeMille Award is given annually to an actor, director or producer who has made a lasting impact on the film industry. Past recipients include Steven Spielberg, Meryl Streep, Oprah Winfrey, Jeff Bridges and Harrison Ford.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020