Pakistan's health ministry issues important statement about new Indian coronavirus variant
ISLAMABAD – Ministry of Health confirmed on Monday that Pakistan has reported no any case of new strain of coronavirus that has wreaked havoc in the neighbouring country resulting in shortage of oxygen and beds in hospitals.
A spokesperson of the ministry said that Pakistan is free from the ‘Indian’ variant of virus, adding that the country is however recording cases of UK's new coronavirus variant.
The spokesperson highlighted that a ban on land and air travel from India has been imposed in order to prevent the spread of new type of virus.
India has recorded massive surge in COVID-19 cases after the second wave of the pandemic engulfed the country.
India recorded 352,991 new infections on Monday and 2,812 deaths - the highest single-day spike so far.
Twitter blocks posts slamming India's Covid-19 ... 06:34 PM | 26 Apr, 2021
NEW DELHI - A number of posts shared by Indian nationals on Twitter, slamming Prime Minister Narendra Modi's handling ...
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- AJK minister quits PML-N to join PTI ahead of July 25 polls08:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021