Pakistan ranks among worst countries in human freedom: Report
Human Freedom Index 2015 report, published by Fraser Institute in collaboration with the Institute of Economic Analysis, presents a broad measure of human freedom based on 76 distinct indicators of personal and economic freedom in the following areas:
Rule of Law ■ Security and Safety ■ Movement ■ Religion ■ Association, Assembly, and Civil Society ■ Expression ■ Relationships ■ Size of Government ■ Legal System and Property Rights ■ Access to Sound Money ■ Freedom to Trade Internationally ■ Regulation of Credit, Labor, and Business
Pakistan has some of the lowest rankings in the global average measurement of each indicator, particularly Relationships (0/7.31), Rule of Law (3.5/5.27) and Religion (4.2/7.13).
Among other South Asian countries, India ranks 75th, Bangladesh 135th, Myanmar 150th and Sri Lanka 122nd. However, 12 countries that rank lower than Pakistan are, Republic of Congo, Saudi Arabia, Chad, Venezuela, Ethiopia, Algeria, Central African Republic, Yemen, Zimbabwe, Myanmar, Democratic Republic of Congo and Iran.
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022