Official refutes involvement in CNIC issuance to 'Afghan girl'
NADRA Assistant Deputy Director Palwasha Afridi called for a detailed probe by chairman Usman Yusuf Mobeen to fix the responsibility, refuting media reports she had any involvement in the matter.
Sharbat Bibi applied for an identity card in Peshawar in April 2014.
Although the data form clearly details the time, date of application and signature of the person in charge, Afridi said, "Neither signature nor Nadra system ID was tracked back to me," she insisted.
She said the ID and signature had been traced to Mohsin Ahsan, who had quit the job a while ago. However, Afridi did not disclose details of the investigation conducted into the matter.
The NADRA on Wednesday suspended four officials at its Hayatabad office where the CNIC was issued. NADRA also blocked the CNICs of Sharbat Bibi and her sons.
In 1984, Sharbat moved to Peshawar along with her two sons and since then, she has been residing in the Nasir Bagh camp for Afghan refugees.
She was one of thousands of Afghan refugees who managed to dodge NADRA's system and got an identity card last year.
- FBR rules out tax amnesty scheme for construction sector09:03 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Taliban capture key Afghan border crossing with Tajikistan12:28 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Islamabad and Karachi ranked among the least expensive cities for ...11:30 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- Indian variant of coronavirus spreading rapidly in Israel11:14 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- Molped announces Turkish actress Esra Bilgiç as brand ambassador!10:34 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- TikToker who scammed Ertuğrul star gets bail09:42 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- WCLA revives the lost culture of Kotwal in old Lahore07:20 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021