Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University
LONDON - Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg and Nobel Laureate Malala Yousufzai finally met in the UK. Greta was visiting the University of Oxford, where she spoke to students about climate change. Malala is a student at the university.
The activists have mutual admiration for each other. The Swedish activist took to Twitter to share a picture with Malala saying she met her role model.
“So… today I met my role model. What else can I say? @Malala,” Greta wrote.
Malala also shared a picture with her and quipped: “She’s the only friend I’d skip school for.”
She’s the only friend I’d skip school for. pic.twitter.com/uP0vwF2U3K— Malala (@Malala) February 25, 2020
The 22-year-old is an advocate for girls’ education meanwhile Greta, 17, is one of the planet’s greatest advocates. She is in the UK for a school strike planned for later this week.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Indian troops kill three youth in IOK10:33 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- US Presidential election to be held on November 3: Trump09:46 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019