Assam rocked by multiple explosions on Indian Republic Day
NEW DELHI – Five powerful blasts took place Sunday morning in the northeastern Assam state, on the eve of Indian Republic Day.
In Dibrugarh district, an explosion took place at Graham Bazar and another beside a gurudwara on A T Road, both under Dibrugarh police station, the Indian Express reported.
Another blast was reported in front of a shop at Tiyakghat Tiniali area near Sonari in Assam’s Charaideo district at around 8 am.
Another explosion rocked the oil town of Duliajan in Dibrugarh.
Another blast was reported in Tinsukia district.
With an armed insurgency going on in India's northeastern states, dozens of insurgent groups have challenged New Delhi's rule in the region and waged a guerrilla war.
While some armed groups fighting Indian troops demand a separate homeland, the others seek regional autonomy.
- Tareen, Monis and Bakhtiar family among top beneficiaries of sugar ...12:53 AM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Foodpanda Pakistan provides monetary assistance to their heroes ...10:32 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- OPPO donates Rs6.2 million for Prime Minister COVID-19 Relief Fund10:11 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Over half a million applied to join Tiger force in just ...07:12 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- The World of Future Technology07:04 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Has Junoon's Salman Ahmad infected by COVID-19?03:54 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston hasn’t found self-isolating difficult, here's why03:48 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Money Heist Season 4 is out and the fans can't be happier!03:41 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019