Former JI head Syed Munawar Hassan passes away at 78
KARACHI - Former Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) central ameer (head) Syed Munawar Hassan has passed in Karachi today (Friday).
According to media details, 78-years old Syed Munawar Hassan was admitted to a local hospital in Karachi for medical assistance over deteriorating health.
He was recently put on the ventilator after his health worsened.
Munawar Hasan was born in Dehli, India on August 5, 1941.He obtained Master’s degree in sociology in 1963 and in Islamic Studies in 1966 from the University of Karachi.
Hasan joined Jamaat-e-Islami in 1967 and later served as assistant secretary, secretary and deputy chief of the JI’s Karachi chapter. His big break came in 2009 when the party elected him as its fourth chief.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020