Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy appointed new Consul General of Norway in Karachi
KARACHI: Pakistan's very first documentary maker Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy has been appointed to the post of Consul General of Norway in Karachi.
Reportedly, she will be taking over the position from Muhammad Moonis who is now retiring after 38 years of working as the consul general of Norway in Karachi.
The handover concluded at a reception at her residence in Karachi.
Tore Nebredo, Norway's Ambassador to Pakistan thanked Mr. Moonis for his effortless services for the country.
Welcoming her to the post, Tore added that Chinoy embodies the kind of ideals that Norway supports wholeheartedly, both through the causes that she voices and as an independent-minded, successful and vocal Pakistani woman.
Chinoy expressed her sentiments by quoting that she felt "honored" to step into her new role and is looking forward to building stronger ties between the two countries through her attempts to encourage collaboration in clean energy, technology, and other related businesses.
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020