FBR clips wings for Shaheen Airlines for not paying tax
The Airline has failed to pay its outstanding dues, amounting to a massive Rs. 521 million, and is getting barred from continuing its operations by the government.
The FBR has also directed a bank to attach all the accounts of the company with immediate effect.
“The recovery of Federal Excise Duty amounting to Rs. 521.397 M is recoverable from M/s. Shaheen Air International Limited under Federal Excise Act. 2005 read with Federal Excise Rules, 2005,” the notice reads.
Furthermore, it states that the FED payable for the month of March 2018 has not been paid by the due date which is 15-05-2018.
Following the Sub-Rule (c) of Rule-60 of Federal Excise Rules 2005, Shaheen Airlines cannot continue to operate its flights until it pays the outstanding debt.
The airline will have to make payment to re-continue its business.
Meanwhile, Shaheen Air International (SAI) spokesperson has stated that there is no conflict between the airline and FBR overpayments as this is a usual payment delay issue.
- US radio host all praise for PM Imran for saving innocent lives in ...03:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Govt refuses to divulge information on gifts received by PM Imran ...03:20 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- LHC full bench hearing cases against Musharraf, Zardari and Gillani ...02:10 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subasi stuns fans with new swimsuit photo05:26 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021