AAIB starts investigations into PIA plane crash incident
KARACHI - Aircraft Accident Investigation Board (AAIB) team has commenced its investigations into the Pakistan Air Lines (PIA) plane crash incident and is collecting evidences from the accident site to determine the cause of the crash.
According to a PIA spokesperson, a ten-member technical team, having expertise in handling queries regarding air crash incidents, has been attached with the investigations to support the investigation body.
The Spokesperson said government has expressed the desire that the investigation team should ensure impartial and transparent inquiry.
He said any individual of relevant institution or department will not be included in the investigation team so that he may not influence the investigation process.
Meanwhile, out of 97 deaths in PIA plane crash, 39 dead bodies have been handed over to the families.
Remaining 56 dead bodies are held at two mortuaries and awaiting DNA match and identification which have already been commenced.
On Friday, the PIA plane crashed into a narrow residential street in Karachi, dealing significant damage to houses in a densely-populated area. Out of the 99 people aboard, 97 were killed and only two passengers survived.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020