Karachi plane crash: PPP demands removal of PIA CEO, CAA head
Karachi: Pakistan Peoples Party leader Saeed Ghani said on Wednesday that Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) CEO Arshad Malik was responsible for the tragic incident of plane crash in Karachi last week.
Talking to media, the Sindh Education Minister demanded the removal PIA CEO and head of the Civil Aviation Authority over the incident in which 97 people lost their lives and two miraculously survived.
A dictatorship has been established within the PIA as those who raised voices have been banned by the administration, he said.
Raising objection over inquiry committee, the minister asked the government to dissolve it and form a new probe team.
“I am not an aviation expert but leveling allegations on the late pilot before the investigation is not correct,” he said, adding that why the plane was allowed to land when landing gear was not deployed.
He said that the PIA CEO has created an environment of fear in the country.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020