Karachi plane crash: PPP demands removal of PIA CEO, CAA head
Karachi: Pakistan Peoples Party leader Saeed Ghani said on Wednesday that Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) CEO Arshad Malik was responsible for the tragic incident of plane crash in Karachi last week.
Talking to media, the Sindh Education Minister demanded the removal PIA CEO and head of the Civil Aviation Authority over the incident in which 97 people lost their lives and two miraculously survived.
'Confirmed plane crash death toll so far at 97' 09:04 AM | 23 May, 2020
KARACHI - At least 97 people are confirmed to have been killed in Friday's plane crash in the city's residential area, ...
A dictatorship has been established within the PIA as those who raised voices have been banned by the administration, he said.
Raising objection over inquiry committee, the minister asked the government to dissolve it and form a new probe team.
“I am not an aviation expert but leveling allegations on the late pilot before the investigation is not correct,” he said, adding that why the plane was allowed to land when landing gear was not deployed.
He said that the PIA CEO has created an environment of fear in the country.
- KPK launches mobile vaccination drive for elderly citizens10:32 PM | 7 May, 2021
- CSS 2020 – Sana Ramchand becomes Pakistan's first assistant ...09:46 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Watch: Motorway Police official tossed in the air after hit by ...09:10 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Sania Mirza surprises everyone on show Jeeto Pakistan League (VIDEO)06:46 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Ali Rehman Khan celebrates 33rd birthday in style04:19 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Prince William, Duchess Kate launch their own YouTube channel02:16 PM | 7 May, 2021