PTA unblocks social media websites
A notification to this effect has been issued.
A Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) spokesperson said instructions had been received to unblock the websites.
Hours after police and paramilitary forces launched a crackdown on protesters on Saturday, the PTA was ordered to block TV news channels, popular social media networking sites Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and video-sharing websites YouTube and Dailymotion.
- United Nations officially came into existence on this day in 194502:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- TLP's long march turns into a sit-in as negotiations end in 'success'12:50 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill 16 terrorists in KP, Balochistan IBOs12:18 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Daughter of PM Imran’s wife Bushra Bibi ‘marries’ Pakistani ...11:50 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat responds to Tamgha-e-Imtiaz controversy09:55 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat clears the air after demeaning remarks regarding Madam Noor ...10:23 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021