PTI's Zeeshan Khanzada bags Senate seat in by-election
ISLAMABAD - Zeeshan Khanzada of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Tuesday won by-election on the vacant seat of Senate from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The seat fell vacant after the resignation of Khanzada Khan of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP). Khan is the father of Zeeshan Khanzada and he resigned from the seat after his son joined the ruling PTI.
According to unofficial results, he secured one hundred and four votes while opposition's candidate could get only 31 votes.
Total 139 votes polled in the house of 145 lawmakers during the by-election.
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gives powerful response after India raises objection over GB ...07:03 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020