Fargoh Naseem steps down as law minister
ISLAMABAD - Federal Law Minister Farogh Naseem on Tuesday tendered resignations after Prime Minister Imran Khan reportedly lashed out at him for not fulfilling legal requirements for extension in army chief's tenure, local media reported.
Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad flanked by Federal Education Minister and Special Assistant to PM on Accountability Shehbaz Akbar in a press conference said that the premier had accepted the resignation of Naseem.
The former minister will now represent the government along with attorney general in the Supreme Court in Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa's extension case, the railways minister said.
Earlier today, media reports said that the prime minister in the cabinet meeting censured the law minister for leaving loopholes in the extension process after the apex court suspended the notification regarding the extension of COAS for next three years.
SC suspends notification of extension in Pakistan ... 11:05 AM | 26 Nov, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Supreme Court of Pakistan on Tuesday has suspended the notification regarding the extension of Chief of ...
Rejecting the media reports, the railway minister clarified that Naseem was not criticised by any members of the cabinet.
Shehzad Akbar said that Naseem could join the cabinet again after the case is concluded.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020