Pakistan Women beat Bangladesh in first-ever international match at Gaddafi Stadium
Captain Bismah Maroof and Omaima Sohail crafted a gutsy 60-run partnership for the third-wicket after Pakistan had lost both openers inside three overs with just 15 runs on board.
Bismah cracked 34 runs from 29 balls, hitting six fours, to be the top-scorer from her side, while Omaima scored a 36-ball 33 with four fours.
Batting at six, Iram Javed struck two sixes and a four for her 21 runs from 17 balls.
That Pakistan women were able to set a 127-run target for the tourists was due to Sidra Nawaz’s four fours from her five-ball stay at the crease. The wicketkeeper-batter scored an unbeaten 16.
For Bangladesh, right-arm pacer Jahanara Alam picked up four wickets for 17 runs in her four overs.
Bangladesh struggled from the onset of their run-chase.
Their openers Shamima Sultana and Ayesha Rahman were back in the pavilion in 2.2 overs as the scoreboard read six for two.
A 30-ball 50 – studded with six fours and two sixes – by Rumana Ahmed kept Bangladesh alive in the run-chase as the 28-year-old all-rounder batted till the last over.
She failed to receive the desired support from the other end with the wickets tumbling at regular intervals.
The next best score in the run-chase was from Nigar Sultana, who scored 17 from 30.
Marking her return to the national side, Anam Amin picked up two wickets for 13 runs in four overs, while all other bowlers picked up a wicket each.
Bismah, for her 34 with the bat and one for 26 with the ball, bagged the man-of-the-match award.
The second T20I will be held on Monday at the same venue and is scheduled to begin at 1000.
Scores in brief:
Pakistan Women 126-7, 20 overs (Bismah Maroof 34, Omaima Sohail 33, Iram Javed 21; Jahanara Alam 4-17)
Bangladesh Women 112-7, 20 overs (Rumana Ahmed 50; Anam Amin 2-13)
28 October – 2nd T20I (10am-12.45pm), Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
30 October – 3rd T20I (10am-12.45pm), Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
2 November – 1st ODI (9.30am-4.35pm), Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
4 November – 2nd ODI (9.30am-4.35pm), Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020