Meera goes under the knife in Dubai
The Baaji's film star health deteriorated last week, and she was hospitalised for multiple medical tests after she complained of pain in her stomach.
The actress was discharged from the hospital days later, with sources saying that doctors had advised her to seek operation for her condition.
While having a talk with media, Meera's husband Captain Naveed revealed that she has undergone 'a major operation' today and that she is presently in the recovery room following the surgery.
"Meera was quite unwell. She has undergone major surgery. The surgery has been completed and she in recovery," he said. "Meera will be kept in the hospital for four or five more days," said Captain Naveed, declining to give any further details about the exact nature of Meera's medical condition or the operation she has undergone.
Meera was previously hospitalised on September 16 after, according to sources, she complained of abdominal pain and burning sensations on her skin.
Meera had then revealed to her fans on social media that she was admitted to the American Hospital in Dubai and was under examination. She had asked her fans to pray for her quick recovery.
Get well soon, Meera Jee.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020