Younis Khan’s mother passes away in Karachi
She had been suffering from a kidney-related disease and was hospitalised at a private hospital in Karachi.
She will be buried in her hometown in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Mardan district later today, according to family.
Following her death, politicians, cricketers and Khan's fans and shared their condolences on social media:
Saddest News sorrow from heart for losing mother is biggest pain for person who really conquer love affective beyond ones expectation My Allah grant heaven higher rank to #YounisKhan Ammi & give him & his family grand power to overcome this huge lose. Ameen
— چوہدری نثار علی خان (@ChNisarAliKhan5) August 27, 2019
Deepest Condolences to @YounusK75 & His Family , May Almighty Allah bless his Beloved mother JANNAH 🤲🏼 Aameen— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) August 27, 2019
Really saddened to know about passing of @YounusK75 mother.Its an unbearable loss brother.May Allah grant her highest place in Jannah and give strength and patience to whole family to get through this difficult time.— Misbah Ul Haq (@captainmisbahpk) August 27, 2019
Younis Khan retired from international cricket in May 2017, ending his Test career with 10,099 runs – the most by any Pakistani player in the history of the format.
Under his captaincy, Pakistan also won the World T20 2009 in England.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020