Pakistan supporting peace process in Afghanistan, claims major Afghan faction's leader
"Pakistan had supported the HIA-Kabul negotiations which led to the signing of a peace deal in September," he said.
Dr Baheer, who is now part of a six-member committee that oversees the implementation of the agreement for active political role of HIA said that no one from Pakistan had ever dissuaded us from peace negotiations with Kabul.
"Conversely, Islamabad fully supported the peace process," he added categorically in an interview with Express Tribune.
Baheer went on to put forth the solution for frayed relations between Islamabad and Kabul expressing that hostile statements from both sides should not be made as they increase mutual mistrust.
The official also expressed his suggestions regarding Taliban-Kabul talks adding that no preconditions should be set for dialogue as in case of successful HIA-Kabul negotiations.
- Three TTP militants arrested in Karachi operation06:37 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- #PAKvSA – South Africa lead by 29 runs at stumps on 3rd day of 1st ...06:12 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- A massive opportunity in sight05:13 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021