Pervez Musharraf takes U-turn regarding Raheel Sharif’s help in influencing courts
"Neither did I approach anyone, nor did anyone approach me in this regard," Musharraf said refuting his earlier statement.
Musharraf went on to say media channels distorted his statement, adding that Raheel Sharif never contacted him, nor had he sent any request to Gen. Raheel over the matter.
"All media reports are based on general assumption," he added.
"Well, he (Raheel Sharif) did help me and I am absolutely clear and grateful. I have been his boss and I have been the army chief before him… he helped out, because the cases are politicised, they put me on the ECL, they turned it into a political issue," Musharraf claimed while speaking in a talk show on Dunya News.
Breaking: Musharraf speaks out, says Raheel influenced the govt and helped me out, behind the scenes our judiciary works under pressure pic.twitter.com/fL4jXah6sG— Dunya News (@DunyaNews) December 19, 2016
"These courts work under pressure behind the scenes and then give decisions. The army chief had a role to play in releasing the pressure behind the scenes' he added categorically hinting at former military head's help in rescuing him.
"Once he [Gen Sharif] got the government to relieve the pressure that they were exerting, the courts gave their judgement and allowed me to go abroad for treatment," Musharraf elaborated.
According to Musharraf political cases were lodged against him and his name was placed in the exit control list (ECL).
The statement came weeks after General Sharif retired in November after completing his three-year tenure. He was succeeded by General Qamar Javed Bajwa. Musharraf elaborated:
Former President Gen (r) Pervez Musharraf left the country in March this year for Dubai where he has already restarted his political activities.The 70-year-old Musharraf is facing a number of high profile cases, including murder and high treason.
- Pakistan to observe Shab-e-Mairaj on Thursday night05:00 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- PCB names fact-finding panel for PSL6 bio-secure protocols review04:34 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021