Hadi Khosrowshahi: Iran's ex-ambassador to Vatican dies of coronavirus
TEHRAN – Former Iranian ambassador to Vatican and prominent cleric Hadi Khosrowshahi has died of coronavirus, local media reported on Thursday.
According to the semiofficial Tasnim News Agency, the 81-year-old cleric died at a hospital in Iran.
Earlier in the day, Iran put the death toll in the country from the coronavirus to 26, with 245 confirmed cases.
The global death toll is nearly 2,800. Around the world, over 80,000 people have been infected with coronavirus, as per the World Health Organization (WHO), with most of the cases in China — above 78,000.
Italy, Iran and South Korea emerging as new hotspots for COVID-19 while the disease was also detected for the first time in Estonia, Denmark, Georgia, Brazil, Pakistan, Sweden, Norway, Greece, Romania and Algeria.
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake reported in Islamabad03:26 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus cases reaches to 1408 in Pakistan01:21 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- US confirms more than 100,000 infections of coronavirus cases11:37 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Govt arranges special flight to airlift stranded Pakistanis from ...10:19 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Chinese doctors’ team to arrive in Pakistan today to check spread ...09:32 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019