UN slams Israeli settlers for killing Palestinian man in occupied West Bank
“Today’s violence in al-Mughayer is shocking and unacceptable!” UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Nickolay Mladenov tweeted on Sunday, referring to a Palestinian village that was stormed by Israeli settlers, killing one Palestinian.
Today’s violence in #AlMughayer is shocking & unacceptable! #Israel must put an end to settler violence & bring those responsible to justice. My thoughts & prayers go out to the family of the #Palestinian man killed & those injured. All must condemn violence, stand up to terror.— Nickolay E. MLADENOV (@nmladenov) January 26, 2019
“Israel must put an end to settler violence and bring those responsible to justice,” he said. “My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the Palestinian man killed and those injured. All must condemn violence, stand up to terror,” the envoy added.
Thirty eight-year-old Hamdi Taleb Na’san was killed and 30 others were wounded after Israeli “settler volunteer security teams” and troops stormed al-Mughayer, located 27 kilometers northeast of the city of Ramallah in the occupied territories.
Hanan Ashrawi, the Palestine Liberation Organization’s executive committee member, has described the settler groups “militias”, and said they “raided” al-Mughayer Village under the protection of the Israeli army, “terrorizing the defenceless residents and wreaking havoc.”
Na’san is the fourth Palestinian killed by Israeli violence across the Palestinian territories over three days.
- US announces support for flood-hit Pakistan12:54 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Seven family members go missing after car swept away by flood in Sindh11:32 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 578 news cases, two deaths in last 24 hours10:46 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police get Shahbaz Gill’s custody after hours-long ...09:16 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Meera shares 'words of wisdom' with fans09:06 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Naseebo Lal rocks the audience at US concert08:44 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022