Three electrocuted to death after heavy rains in Karachi
Karachi: At least three people died on Monday after heavy rains turned different localities and roads into pool, exposing preparedness of the government to tackle untoward situation in monsoon.
Nazimabad, University Road/Jauhar, North Karachi, Korangi, Haideri and other areas received rain as third spell of monsoon entered the metropolitan.
Residents of low-lying areas were forced to leave their houses after the rainwater entered their houses due to chocked sewerage system.
The city also witnessed massive traffic jams and power outage, adding to miseries of the Karachi people.
Two labourers were electrocuted in Mochko area when they were trying to install a suction motor to remove rainwater.
In another incident, a 45-year-old man was electrocuted in Orangi Town's Sector 11-1/2 while trying to turn on a motor, local media reported.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020