Pakistan’s Muhammad Asif deported from Dubai airport again
The 35-year-old was traveling to Sharjah to take part in an amateur tape ball tournament, however, he was flagged down at immigration and spent several hours at the Dubai airport before being sent back to Pakistan.
Asif told local media that he was asked for the letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which he was to get from Abu Dhabi. He already had clearance after which he had been given a visa, but he was not allowed to enter UAE as he could not provide them the letter.
The last time Mohammad Asif visited Dubai was 10 years ago.
Asif, who has played 11 Tests and 31 one-day internationals, was banned after testing positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone while playing for the Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League.
He played for the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) in the 2017/18 edition of Pakistan’s domestic season. Asif is yet to be selected for the Pakistan national team even after serving the five-year ban for the spot-fixing scandal that rocked the cricketing community to its core in 2010.
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani, Indian killed in deadly gas explosion at UAE restaurant11:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Six Pakistani peacekeepers honoured posthumously at UN ceremony11:20 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022