Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Meteorological Department predicted that an impending weather pattern was going to enter in Pakistan on Thursday night which would grip various parts of the country.
The weather forecast has indicated dust thunderstorms with rain in Quetta, Zhob, Harnai, Barkhan, Dera Bugti,Dera Ghazi Khan, Rajanpur, Multan, Khanewal, Rahim Yar Khan, Bahawalnagar, Bahawalpur, Sukkur, Larkana, Jacobabad, Shaheed Benazirabad from Thursday night to Monday/Tuesday.
Whereas rain thunderstorm (with intervals) is expected in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Islamabad, the Rawalpindi, Jhelum, Chakwal, Attock, Mianwali, Sargodha, Bhakkar, Layyah, Khushab, Mandi Bahauddin, Hafizabad, Gujranwala,Gujarat, Sialkot,Narowal, Sheikhupura, Lahore,Kasur, Faisalabad, Jhang,Toba Tek Singh,Sahiwal , Okara, Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan during Thursday night to Monday/Tuesday.
Dust-thunderstorm with rain is also expected in Mirpurkhas, Badin and Hyderabad on Monday.
Keeping in view the weather update, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has cautioned the provincial authorities to take preventive measures to avoid loss of life and damage to property due to likely heavy.
NDMA in its weather alert said Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) forecast rains and thunderstorms in scattered places of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, few places of Sindh and north east Balochistan.
The advisory released here asked National Highways Authority (NHA), Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), Frontier Works Organisation (FWO), Construction and Works (C&W) Departments of respective provinces and regions to remain vigilant for restoring road links.
The advisory added that availability of staff of emergency services should be ensured during the period of harsh weather.
The advisory pointed out that tourists be apprised about weather forecast. In case of any eventuality, the respective provincial disaster management authorities (PDMAs) and relevant departments should share twice daily updates with NDMA.
The advisory asked relevant departments to issue necessary instructions to stakeholders in the light of fresh weather forecast.
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020