Former Indian Army Chief warns India about Pakistan's new Army Chief
Former Army Chief Bikram Singh, under whom the new Pakistan Army Chief Lt Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa has served on a UN assignment, said India should be "careful" and watchful with regard to his approach.
“Things change once an officer goes back to his home country,” Indian media reported Bikram Sindgh as saying.
He described Lt Gen Bajwa as a "thorough professional" who gave an "outstanding performance" under him in Congo.
"There might be great bonhomie when the goal is world peace under UN mandate but things change once you go back to your country. This is because your national interest comes first," General Singh told PTI.
He said India should wait and watch and be "careful", adding "He has served in all these areas (bordering India) and knows pretty well what kind of terrain and conditions exist on both sides."
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 October 202109:10 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Saudi Arabia pumps $3 billion into SBP reserves to support Pakistan ...12:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shariat court declares Swara 'un-Islamic'11:45 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Indian Muslim teacher sacked for ‘celebrating’ Pakistan’s ...11:05 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Samsung Electronics kicks off ‘Samsung Week’ with exceptional ...10:42 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021