Miss Universe 2017: Miss South Africa takes the crown
LAS VEGAS - Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters of South Africa has been crowned Miss Universe 2017.
The final show was hosted by Steve Harvey and Ashley Graham, with performances by Fergie and Rachel Patten. 92 contestants from across the globe participated in the 66th Miss Universe pageant.
Miss Colombia Laura González was the first runner up and second runner-up was Miss Jamaica Davina Bennett. Miss Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters took the crown from last year's winner Miss Iris Mittenaere from France on Sunday evening The Axis at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas
Miss Nel-Peters, aged 22, has recently earned her degree in business management at North-West University.
Miss Universe of this year is all about beauty with brains. In a pre-recorded interview, she talked about her passion for training in a self-defence program and also about the issues women face at workplaces.
"In some places, women get paid 75% of what men earn for doing the same job, working the same hours — and I do not believe that this is right," she said. "I think we should have equal work for equal pay for women all over the world."
- Gold price jumps Rs700 per tola in Pakistan10:22 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan revises up 2020-21 economic growth rate at 5.37%09:50 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 240-run target for Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021