Indian forces arrest over 6,000 in Occupied Kashmir
Over 400 of them were booked under black law Public Safety Act.
For the past six weeks, the Indian paramilitary forces and police personnel assisted by Indian army started night raids in different parts of Kashmir and arrested about 6000 people, Kashmir Media Service reported.
“There are above 2200 FIRs registered and above 5600 people are involved in these FIRs,” Director General Police, Coordination, S P Vaid told media men in Srinagar.
Residents of almost all areas of Kashmir say that joint Indian troops and paramilitary forces raid their residential houses during the night, barge into houses, break windows and doors, and pick up any youngster in the house they get hold of.
Most of the arrests of have been carried out in Srinagar, Budgam, Chadoora, Ganderbal, Kangan, Islamabad,Bijbehra, Tral, Pulwama, Awantipora, Kulgam, Shopian, Baramulla, Kupwara, Bandipora, Sopore, Handwara, Pattan and other areas.
The official said that about 3000 arrested persons have been bailed out by the courts. “Some are in custody and some are facing different charges and are still in police custody,” he added.
- Pakistan administers over 1 million COVID vaccines in a day12:48 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Sindh govt to bear medical expenses of Liaquat Ali Khan’s ailing son11:58 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021