Pakistan lodges strong protest with India over ceasefire violations along Loc
ISLAMABAD - Director General South Asia and SAARC Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri summoned Indian Charge d'Affaires Gaurav Ahluwalia to register Pakistan's strong protest over the ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jandrot and Khuiratta on Monday.
According to media reports, while condemning the targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian occupation forces, Zahid Hafeez underscored that such senseless acts, in clear violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding further vitiate the tense atmosphere along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security.
He said by raising tensions along the LoC and the Working Boundary, India cannot divert attention from the grave human rights situation in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
The DG called upon the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding; investigate this and other such incidents of deliberate ceasefire violations and maintain peace along the LoC and the Working Boundary (WB).
Earlier, a woman embraced shahadat while an 8 year old girl sustained injuries after Indian Army troops resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violations in Jandrot and Khuiratta Sectors along LOC.
- Will PM Imran attend SCO heads of government summit hosted by India?09:07 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- LPL 2020: Shahid Afridi smashes 58 off 23 balls (VIDEO)08:11 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Pakistani academic declared ‘threat to public safety’ over ...07:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Google Doodle pays tribute to Bano Qudsia on 92nd birthday11:29 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020