Indian army chief takes CPEC as 'challenge to sovereignty'
According to the Times of India, the army chief expressed fears regarding China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) while speaking at Savitribai Phule Pune University in his lecture titled, "India's challenges in the current geo-strategic construct".
Showing concerns regarding its routes, he said: “The CPEC passing through POK (sic) challenges India's sovereignty," adding that China was expanding its influential role in the regional security environment "by increasing defence/economic partnerships in the neighbourhood, especially in Pakistan, the Maldives, Sri Lanka and Myanmar".
"During flag meetings with China, we tell them that we (India and China) should go back to the pre-June 16 position at Doklam plateau. But we haven't been able to come up with a resolution as there are different perceptions about how it should be done. Hence, it should be dealt with at diplomatic and political levels," he said.
- Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmad tests positive for COVID-19: ...07:34 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Meet Waseem Lata – the Pakistani man who sings in legendary Indian ...07:00 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021