Indian top court issue notices to Modi govt on petitions regarding Article 370
During the hearing, Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi issued notices to the central government and others to reply within seven days and also allowed CPI (M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury and a student from Delhi’s Jamia Millia University to visit occupied Kashmir.
It is also pertinent to be mentioned here that one plea was submitted by Sitaram Yechury in which he challenged the detention of Kashmir politician and party general secretary Mohammed Yousuf Tarigami. The petitions also challenge the Modi government’s decision to revoke Article 370 and the imposition of curfew in occupied Kashmir.
On August 5, India abolished Article 370 and revoked special status to occupied Kashmir. Following the move, the Modi government also enhanced the number of Indian troops to the disputed valley and imposed a curfew, while placing Kashmiri politicians under house arrest.
The curfew and media blackout has enhanced the problems of the masses in the held-valley which has been condemned internationally and by opposition leaders in India.
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- PIA announces Pakistan's Hajj flights plan08:45 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022