Switzerland votes on expelling foreign criminals
be automatically deported even for minor offences, after a far-right push to tighten the rules.
Polling stations opened at 9:00 am (0800 GMT) for the vote, which comes at a time when many European countries are hardening their attitudes to migrants after more than a million arrived on the continent last year.
More than half of Swiss voters backed strengthening rules to automatically expell foreign nationals convicted of violent crimes in a referendum on the same topic six years ago.
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021