Switzerland votes on expelling foreign criminals
be automatically deported even for minor offences, after a far-right push to tighten the rules.
Polling stations opened at 9:00 am (0800 GMT) for the vote, which comes at a time when many European countries are hardening their attitudes to migrants after more than a million arrived on the continent last year.
More than half of Swiss voters backed strengthening rules to automatically expell foreign nationals convicted of violent crimes in a referendum on the same topic six years ago.
- Five FC soldiers martyred in Sibi terrorist attack11:45 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Microsoft launches Windows 11 operating system11:27 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:52 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan got $1 billion loan from China last month10:41 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Sajid Sadpara to scale K2 in search of Ali Sadpara's body10:30 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Deepika Padukone's comment on husband's post winning hearts11:54 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani gives a sneak peek into her US trip06:17 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Britney Spears calls for end to 'abusive' conservatorship04:26 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021