Two Indian Major Generals under bribery probe
The senior army officers under CBI scanner are Major General Ashok Kumar and Major General SS Lamba.
This is for the first time when a CBI probe was ordered against serving army officers, IBN Live reported.
It was found that Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar received complaints against the officers for paying bribe to secure their promotions to the rank of Lieutenant General.
Their promotions were approved during the tenure of former Military Secretary Lt General R Bhalla (now retired). If required Bhalla will also be examined by the CBI, according to the reports in Indian media.
- Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz felicitates Chinese leadership on National Day10:00 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistani UN peacekeeper martyred in Central Africa09:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Iran’s key intelligence official killed in clashes with protesters09:06 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik is the first contestant of Bigg Boss 1607:08 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Teaser revealed for Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan-starrer 'Money Back ...08:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022