PTM's Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD - Police on Tuesday arrested a member of the National Assembly (MNAs) elected from Waziristan, a renowned politician Afrasiab Khattak and nealry 13 others from Islamabad.
Mohsin Dawar and Khattak were taken into custody outside the National Press Club, where they were protesting against the arrest of Pashtun Tahafuz Movement (PTM) chief Manzoor Pashteen.
The detained persons, who were protesting the arrest of Pashteen, have been shifted to Kohsar Police Station.
Pashteen was arrested from Peshawar's Shaheen Town on the charges of anti-state comments during a gathering in DI Khan earlier this month.
He was handed over to relevant authorities on a 14-day judicial remand by a court in Peshawar on Monday.
- Price of High Speed Diesel reduced by Rs 2.40 per liter09:10 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan's nuclear, strategic capability safe and secure: PM Imran08:53 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- ECC raises electricity prices, gas meter rent11:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Mini smart lockdown imposed in parts of Karachi after Covid-19 spike10:44 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- First Pakistan-made bloodless dialysis machine to start functioning ...10:05 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020