Delay visits to this major word capital, because ISIS has warned it is "next"
LONDON - You should consider delaying your visit to London as the Islamic State has posted images threatening the city on encrypted messaging app Telegram while counter-terrorist forces in the UK have advised on an increase in security for places of worship following a recent attack on a church in France.
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said that following the attack in France, in which an ISIS militant slit the throat of an 84-year-old priest, specific had been circulated advice today to churches in the UK.
He added that while there was no specific intelligence regarding an attack on churches, everyone needed to stay calm and vigilant and report any suspicious activity as ISIS was known to target Christians, Jews and other faiths as well.
There are around 5.4 million church members in the UK.
In related news, another major capital city has also been threatened by ISIS. Images have surfaced showing New York’s Statue of Liberty engulfed in flames with the caption ‘Washington soon’ suggesting that they might make a target out of the US capital as well.
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 255,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,365 confirmed ...08:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020