Pakistan Stock Market bounces back after Prime Minister's disqualification by Supreme court
On Friday, the apex court disqualified Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for life for being dishonest to the nation, in a landmark decision in the Panamagate case.
The benchmark 100-index started trading at 45905.76 points, reached the lowest level of 44757.16 points soon after the verdict, with the volume of about 40.063 million shares and value of Rs3.275 billion, but eventually the market bounced up to close at 45912.03 points.
Panama Case verdict: Supreme Court disqualifies ... 12:08 PM | 28 Jul, 2017
ISLAMABAD - On Friday, the Supreme Court of Pakistan disqualified Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for not disclosing his ...
On Thursday, the PSX closed flat by 6.27 points at 45912 points level.
The stocks recorded the highest trading level of 46025.07 points and lowest level of 45758.21 points, with the volume of about 158.81 million shares and value of Rs6.32 billion. As many as 372 companies were active, of which 132 advanced, 221 declined and 19 remained unchanged.
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistan observes Youm-e-Takbeer today12:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Electricity tariff to be increased for revival of IMF loan programme: ...10:45 AM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistan, China join hands for forest fire management10:17 AM | 28 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022