Pakistan Navy rescues Yemeni cargo ship stranded for 10 days
A Yemeni cargo ship namely ABDAIHAN of Yemen stopped working while sailing towards Somalia. The ship and its crew were stranded in the open sea and had been waiting for assistance.
"Upon investigation, it was revealed that the boat left Boosaaso (Somalia) on November 17 for transporting fish to Al Mukalla (Yemen)," the PR said.
The crew of the board was in critical condition for being short of food, water and necessary medicine. The PNS TARIQ provided sufficient food items and drinking water along with ready meals to the crew of the dhow.
Yemeni Coast Guard and owner of dhow were informed of recovery of the dhow. PNS TARIQ also conducted a towing operation for 10 hours in the rough sea and left the dhow close to the Somalian shores for further assistance by Somalian authorities.
Master and crew of the dhow thanked the PN for timely assistance. The PN maintains a high degree of readiness, both in peace and war, to undertake a range of military, constabulary, diplomatic and benign operations, the press release added.
- ACES Meet 2021-22: Pakistan kicks off multinational air drills04:58 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: South Africa’s Quinton de Kock apologiese over ...04:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities jump to Shoaib Akhtar's defense following the controversy ...03:23 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021