Woman charged for raping her husband for 24 hours in their house
According to the Yohan news agency the woman, only referred to by her surname Kim, is the first wife to be charged with marital rape in the country.
The Central Prosecutor’s Office in Seoul alleges that the woman locked her husband inside their house for 24 hours and forced him to have sex with her.
She allegedly raped her spouse to obtain “favourable evidence” which she planned to use in divorce proceedings, according to prosecutors.
Rape within marriage was only made a crime in South Korea in May, 2013.
The UN estimated in 2011 that 127 countries had not amended legislation to criminalise marital rape.
In 2014, the World Health Organisation found that 30 per cent women worldwide had experienced physical or sexual violence by their partners.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Kohsar University in Murree05:20 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021