British PM Boris Johnson's fiancee gives birth to baby boy
LONDON - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's fiancee Carrie Symonds has given birth to a baby boy, PA Media reported.
A spokesman for the couple said: "The prime minister and Ms Symonds are thrilled to announce the birth of a healthy baby boy at a London hospital earlier this morning." The spokesman added that both mother and child are doing very well after the birth of a “healthy baby boy”.
Several British politicians began sending their congratulations to the couple. "So thrilled for Boris and Carrie. Wonderful to have a moment of unalloyed joy!," Health Minister Matt Hancock said on Twitter.
So thrilled for Boris and Carrie. Wonderful to have a moment of unalloyed joy!— Matt Hancock (@MattHancock) April 29, 2020
Mr Johnson returned to work on Monday, a month after testing positive for Covid-19. The British prime minister was treated for the disease, which he said had threatened his life, in an intensive care unit.
Ms Symonds had shown symptoms of the virus while pregnant but recovered swiftly. The couple, who have been living together in Downing Street since Mr Johnson became prime minister in July, announced in February that they were expecting their first child.
Many congratulations to the couple on the arrival of a baby from team Daily Pakistan Global.
- Al Aqsa mosque reopens after two months of closure over coronavirus05:12 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 70,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,499 confirmed ...04:51 PM | 31 May, 2020
- 'Pakistan to boost soybean yield by using China’s intercropping ...04:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020