Jimmy Shergill booked for COVID-19 lockdown violations
Bollywood actor Jimmy Shergill and National Award-winning director Eeshwar Nivas were among 35 booked for flouting COVID-19 lockdown rules while shooting in Punjab, according to Indian media.
Arrested in Ludhiana, Punjab on Wednesday, the 50-year-old was booked for violating corona protocol. Rumours have it that social distancing and other SOP's were severely violated during the shooting.
Several four-wheelers entered Arya school in Ludhiana and when they observed the environment, it was found that a Punjabi film was being shot.
Jimmy Shergill was scheduled to come to shoot for the Punjabi film. Moreover, the Arya School has been converted into sessions court Ludhiana. When the police got wind of it, ACP Variam Singh reached there with the police party. They stopped shooting.
The director of the film showed him the clearance papers. He then challenged two persons, including a director who did not follow social distancing, for 2,000 rupees each.
ACP Variam Singh says he had permission to shoot. But two people who did not follow social distancing have been booked. Arya school has a lot of room, each room had five to six people.
View this post on Instagram
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021