Benazir Bhutto murder case: verdict expected on Thursday
RAWALPINDI - The verdict for the murder case of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto is expected to be announced on Thursday, Geo News reported on Tuesday.
Suspects Hussain Gul and Rafaqat’s legal counsel Jawad Khalid told an anti-terrorism court that the statements received from his clients hold Pervez Musharraf among others responsible for the crime.
He also claimed that there is no solid proof against his clients. There is a conflict between investigating officers’ statements and the weapons recovered from the scene of the crime.
“This raises suspicion,” he remarked, adding that the court should show mercy towards the innocent.
“The real culprits are not being punished for the crime,” added the legal counsel.
FIA prosecutor Khawaja Asif accepted that there is no record of the suspects in the DNA report.
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Trump’s Mideast plan: Pakistan wants Jerusalem as capital of ...07:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Female polio vaccinator killed in Swabi firing incident06:32 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian PM Modi's war-mongering remarks06:10 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Malaysia in talks with Pakistan to import security guards04:39 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019