US 'bars' Turkey from using Pakistani pilots for F-16 training
The refusal was quoted by a pro-government columnist Mehmet Acet, who in Yeni Şafak daily claimed that Turkish Air Forces had asked Pakistan to send three F-16 pilots to train their pilots.
According to Acet, the general used a Turkish idiom in response to Washington’s refusal, saying, 'This means you fall down where you are.'
Although the Turkish air force generally does not need need pilots by any third country but as a result of the botched coup in 2016, Turkey let go 680 of 1,350 pilots in the Turkish Air Forces.
In order to compensate for the paucity of pilots, the government called on former pilots who opted to work in the private sector after 10 years of service in the air forces to return to the military, but only 50 pilots responded to the call.
As an antidote to the crisis, the government introduced an article in a recently issued state of emergency decree stipulating that pilots, including former pilots, should serve 18 years in the air forces before being allowed to work in the private sector.
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Indian actress Sargun Mehta stuns fans as she mimics Shahana from ...09:01 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- PAKvSL: Pakistan Test team leaves for Sri Lanka tomorrow08:58 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Hajj flight operation completed as over 83,000 Pakistani pilgrims ...08:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch – Umair Jaswal drops new song 'Bewafa'06:42 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Tabish Hashmi believes Kapil Sharma's show copied Pakistani concept05:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022