UN Chief reiterates appeals to Pakistan, India to take steps to defuse tension over Kashmir issue
NEW YORK - United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has again appealed to Pakistan and India to exercise restraint and take steps to defuse tension arising from the India's annexation of occupied Kashmir.
While talking to reporters at the regular briefing in New York, spokesman of UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, Stephane Dujarric stated this
He said the Secretary-General and his whole team have been following the political situation and the situation related to reports of restrictions and detentions on the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC), the Radio Pakistan reported.
According to media reports, at least 500 incidents of protest have broken out in occupied Kashmir since New Delhi stripped the region of its autonomy and imposed a military clampdown more than three weeks ago.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Shahroz, Sadaf Sabzwari to work together in an upcoming Eid telefilm12:07 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020