Pakistan approves Rs200 billion Islamic Sukuk to ease power sector debt
The ECC meeting was chaired by Finance Minister Asad Umar in Islamabad.
The bond will be issued through the consortium of Islamic banks.
Sukuk is the Arabic name for financial certificates, also commonly referred to as "sharia compliant" bonds.
The PTI-led central government has been falling behind on payments to electricity providers and distribution companies, accumulating arrears that were threatening to seriously disrupt electricity generation in a nation still grappling with shortages.
The committee also approved to export additional five hundred thousand tonnes of wheat.
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan resume at 80-2, need 263 more to win Rawalpindi Test10:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Navy chief Admiral Saeed Mohammad Khan passes away at ...09:42 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Punjab CM Elahi says Gen Bajwa showed PML-Q the ‘right path’ to ...09:13 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Rabi Pirzada talks about whimsical social media trends and their ...07:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022