Pakistan approves Rs200 billion Islamic Sukuk to ease power sector debt
The ECC meeting was chaired by Finance Minister Asad Umar in Islamabad.
The bond will be issued through the consortium of Islamic banks.
Sukuk is the Arabic name for financial certificates, also commonly referred to as "sharia compliant" bonds.
The PTI-led central government has been falling behind on payments to electricity providers and distribution companies, accumulating arrears that were threatening to seriously disrupt electricity generation in a nation still grappling with shortages.
The committee also approved to export additional five hundred thousand tonnes of wheat.
- Pakistan’s Department of Explosive officers dismissed for ...06:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Rizwan stars as Pakistan trounce Zimbabwe in first T20I05:31 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- TLP chief Saad Hussain Rizvi still under arrest: Sheikh Rasheed05:27 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ali Haider all set to host show for NTV Houston03:50 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Junoon goes Inquilaab! PM Imran uses Bollywood reference to show ...05:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021