6 ways to prevent knee damage
Check the height of your chair
Most of us today follow a sedentary lifestyle, where a majority of our day is spent sitting on the chair. This is where the height of your chair gets all the more important. Make sure your hips are an inch or two higher than your knees. Also, avoid sitting cross-legged.
Avoid brisk walking when in pain
Some people push themselves to walk and walk more when their knees are giving trouble, believing that the more they flex their knee muscles, the better they will get. But it doesn’t really work that way. Sometimes you could be hurting your knees more with walking.
Check walking posture
When you walk, your motion should come from the pelvis. Your body should be tilted a little bit forward, where your body weight is in front. Additionally, when you walk, your knee should line up over your second toe. A lot of people walk with their toe out and it puts pressure on the knees. If the knee and foot point in different directions, you need to correct your alignment.
Avoid low seating
Nothing quite looks as classy as a low seating sofa, chairs or poofs. Wish they also came with health check. Low chairs, sofas only aggravate knee problems as they put more pressure on your knees.
Invest in good footwear
Good footwear is important to support the foot and provide good cushion. So how do we exactly define good footwear? It is something that gives proper support to your foot arch.
A poor diet is also responsible for knee issues. Your diet should have calcium and essential vitamins and minerals. Lack of Vitamin D is a big reason for women suffering from bone issues.
- Pakistan joins Digital Cooperation Organisation as founding member11:58 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID-19 — Pakistan bans in-flight meal service on domestic flights11:39 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nawaz 'was given rat-contaminated food in Kot Lakhpat Jail'10:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- BISE Lahore announces Inter Part-2 Exam Result – Here's how to check10:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat surprised by secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020