‘Special relationship’ – Saudi Arabia, Pakistan sign $3 billion deposit agreement
KARACHI – The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) and Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) on Monday signed a deposit agreement for the funds worth $3 billion that would bring a sigh of relief for cash-strapped South Asian country.
Chief Executive Officer of SFD Sultan Bin AbdulRahman Al-Marshad and the Governor SBP Dr. Reza Baqir signed the agreement in Karachi.
Under this deposit agreement, SFD shall place a deposit of USD 3.0 billion with SBP. The deposit amount under the agreement shall become part of SBP’s Foreign Exchange Reserves.
It will help support Pakistan’s foreign currency reserves and contribute towards resolving the adverse effects of the COVID19 pandemic.
The deposit agreement reflects the strong and special relationship between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan and will further augment the economic ties between the two brotherly countries, said an official statement.
Last month, SDF agreed to deposit $3 billion in the SBP to help support its declining foreign reserves. The fund had stated that an official directive was issued to supply $1.2 billion to finance Pakistan’s oil products trade during the year.
Saudi Arabia, according to reports, will charge around 3.2 to 3.5% markup on annual basis for this deposit amount.
Saudi Arabia to transfer $3 billion cash to ... 08:37 AM | 13 Nov, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Saudi Arabia will soon disburse $3 billion cash deposits to Pakistan under the pledged financial ...
- WATCH: Pakistan Navy warship PNS Tabuk visits Bahrain06:43 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Can’t sleep at nights due to rising inflation, says PM Imran Khan05:50 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- ‘Emerging Cricketer of the Year’: Fatima Sana becomes ...05:24 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021