Schools to remain closed in Islamabad tomorrow
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Government Education Joint Action Committee has announced to boycott classes of all schools in the capital in protest against the government’s plans of placing school education under the administrative control of city’s mayor, who is yet to be elected.
The committee would start boycotting classes against the decision from tomorrow (Tuesday), saying placing education under the local government was an anti-education move.
The government has introduced changes through an ordinance. The protesting employees feared that the ordinance would deprive them of civil government’s status, and education institutions could be privatized.
They announced to suspend the teaching activities from Tuesday until their demands are met by the government.
Meanwhile, Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood has supported the ordinance under which the mayor will be the reporting officer of the FDE head.
Shafqat Mahmood clears the air about schools ... 04:57 PM | 20 Nov, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood on Saturday responded to the reports about the closures of ...
- ‘Aik Thi Laila’: Yasir Hussain, Iqra Aziz take their relationship ...11:49 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal and Shahroz Sazwari share first moments with newborn ...11:23 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Influencer Waliya Najib shares stunning clips from Europe vacation10:52 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan Navy saves crew members of sinking Indian vessel near Gwadar10:29 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Here’s all you need to know about release of Aamir Khan’s Laal ...07:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra suffers leg injury during web-series shoot09:24 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022