Eight journalists among 29 killed in Kabul blasts (VIDEO)
The first explosion occurred at about 8am local time in Shashdarak area of the capital city near a National Directorate of Security (NDS) department, a spokesman Wahid Majroh told the Tolo News, adding that the toll could rise.
The second explosion came minutes after the first when security and rescue officials and journalists reached the site. In the blast, AFP's chief photographer Shah Marai, Mahram Durrani from Salam Watandar also died.
#UPDATE Agence France-Presse's chief photographer in Kabul, Shah Marai, has been killed.— AFP News Agency (@AFP) April 30, 2018
He died in a blast that was targeting a group of journalists who had rushed to the scene of a suicide attack in the Afghan capital pic.twitter.com/rOa4rg24x9
They killed all of our friends 😭— Hamid Paimani (@paimanihamid) April 30, 2018
Ahmad Shah Azimi
Shah Marai Faizi
Two journalist from Mashal TV
One camera man of ToloNews
Totally over 22 person killed and over 40 heavily wounded in today's attack in Kabul. pic.twitter.com/WCetMnFB6q
Officials at the Ministry of Public Health confirmed that "29 people were killed in today's attacks and over 49 other people were wounded. The victims have been taken to Wazir Akbar Khan (hospital) and Emergency Hospital."
IS terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Condemnation poured in following the deadly attacks in Kabul.
Very tragic day for journalists in Afghanistan may Allah rest the souls of all media martyrs in peace may Allah give peace to the whole region https://t.co/PH6YgoBF3T— Hamid Mir (@HamidMirPAK) April 30, 2018
I condemn today’s terrible #KabulAttack & reaffirm our commitment 2 stand w/ the #Afghan people in their fight for peace & security across #Afghanistan.We mourn for those murdered, including the brave journalists who stand for truth in the face of violence:https://t.co/Gp4EgDAX5d— Chargé d’Affaires Ian McCary (@USAmbKabul) April 30, 2018
The latest violence attacks came after the terrorists launched an attack at an ID distribution and voter registration centre in Kabul on April 22, leaving at least 60 dead and over 100 injured. The attack occurred in Dasht-e-Barchi.
- vivo Y55 launched in Pakistan, price, camera, full specifications04:30 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan Railways to run three special trains on Eidul Adha03:28 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Top Pakistani general discusses bilateral security with Iranian ...03:05 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Asad Rauf: Former ICC umpire not ashamed to sell second-hand items in ...02:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill three terrorists in North Waziristan operation02:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan shares tips to get viral on social media01:33 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Model Fia Khan faces backlash over bold pregnancy photoshoot11:51 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Hareem Farooq and Imran Abbas channel 70s vibes in latest BTS video11:00 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022